An exceptionally charming, beautifully appointed and elegantly presented mid 19th Century cut stone house with 23 Acres of post and railed paddocks, 6 horse boxes in old stone barn, tennis court, mature lawns and gardens in a picturesque countryside setting within easy access of Dublin
Situated just off the M9 and 50km from Dublin and it\'s International Airport, 8 km Curragh, 7 km Kilcullen and 6 Km M9 (Junction 2) in the heart of Bloodstock Country. Amenities include: Hunting with Kildares and South County, Racing at Curragh, Punchestown and Naas, all within 15 minutes. Golf at Rathsallagh, Curragh, Naas and K Club. Shopping in Newbridge (Whitewater Shopping Centre), Naas and Kildare Retail Village Outlet - all 10 minutes. The area is very well served with excellent primary and post primary schools. Ballyshannon National School is within walking distance of The Mill House.
This substantial stone built house sits on an elevated mature setting with southerly aspect overlooking the gardens and post and railed paddocks. It is completely private and is accessed off the R418 via private tree lined gravelled avenue with electric gates. This five bedroomed house is in excellent condition and includes c.330 sq. m. (c.3,552 sq. ft.) of stylishly proportioned bright and spacious accommodation. The house has been seamlessly extended and tastefully restored to embrace modern technology while retaining the charm and character of a period country home.
- Large fenced kitchen garden, comprising greenhouse, garden shed and stone cut boiler house
- Tarmacadam tennis court
- Paved patio with millstone water feature
- The stone barn includes 6 loose boxes and loft with small turnout paddock
- Quirky cut stone tack room/cottage
- Lean to hay shed
- Lawns to front with gravelled forecourt and driveway
- Southerly aspect overlooking paddocks
- The river Griese bounds the property on the southern boundary
- The Land is all in permanent pasture with 6 paddocks and mainly post and railed with excellent shelter, extensive road frontage and piped or natural water supply. Mature lawns surround the house with an abundance of shrubbery, flowerbeds, fruit trees and indigenous tree planting.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Mains water.
- High speed wifi.
- Security alarm system
- Electric gates.
- Septic tank drainage.
- External lighting, electrical sockets and serviced water points.
• Electric gates
• Extensive alarm security system
• Stunning location with spectacular views of the Kildare countryside
• Wild life pond with island and wooden footbridge
• Cornice and coving features
• Sash windows fitted with internal shutters, Ventrola draft and noise exclusion system
• Water feature fishpond with millstone
• Tarmacadam tennis court
BER: E1 BER No.109550137 Energy Performance Indicator:338.41 kWh/m²/yr
Entrance Hall: 21'7" x 7'2" Welcoming hallway, with parquet flooring, under stairs storage.
Diningroom: 14' x 13' Dual aspect, serving hatch to utility/scullery.
Reception Room: 14' x 13' Dual aspect, cast iron fireplace, beech flooring, shelved display cabinet, arch leading to;
Drawingroom: 19' x 14' Beech floor, cast iron fireplace, French doors to;
Magnificent garden room: 23' x 14' Heritage style design, terracotta tiled flooring, window seats and French doors to lawns and garden.
Bright Spacious Country Kitchen: 24' x 14' Oil fired Aga, with hand painted tiles, gas hob, electric oven, extractor, fitted cupboards, ashwood centre island, polished granite worktops, twin porcelain sink, pitch pine flooring, large breakfast area. A particular feature of the kitchen is a glazed half-door leading through a porch to a patio area - ideal for entertaining. Walk-in larder/pantry fully shelved.
Utility/Scullery: 14' x 13' Fitted ground and eye-level presses of painted pine, tiled floor, serving hatch to diningroom, sink unit plumbed for washing machine. Glazed door to porch and garden and orchard. This room was the original kitchen.
Cloakroom: 9' x 8' Vintage fittings, w.c., w.h.b.
Guest Suite/Bedroom 1: 14' x 13' Impressive double bedroom with spectacular views leading to;
Bedroom 2: 13' x 10' A double bedroom with a large ensuite bathroom comprising a Victorian double ended roll top cast iron bath, w.c., w.h.b., with Amtico flooring, heated towel rail.
Bedroom 3: 14' x 13' Double bedroom with a range of fitted shelving, work station (ideal as study/office).
Bedroom 4: 15'3" x 14' Double bedroom, with a range of built-in wardrobes, vanity w.h.b.
Walk-in Hotpress: Floor to ceiling shelving
Master Suite (Bedroom 5): 23' x 14' A bright spacious room with 3 windows, large ensuite, bath, w.c., w.h.b., range of custom built wardrobes and cabinets.
Bathroom: Shower, w.c., w.h.b. extractor fan
From Dublin and South - take M9 and exit Junction 2(Kilcullen) and take R418 (Formerly N78 - Athy Road). After 7km you pass Dowlings pub on left, go through cross roads and it is next entrance on left (beside old cottage).